James Abrams, Ph.D., J.D.
Jim has received over 150 five star reviews as well as a Client Champion and Client’s Choice Award which is the most of any attorney in the state of Colorado.
Thoughtful, creative and thorough, Jim Abrams is an experienced attorney addressing every area of discrimination, wage, OSHA and, unemployment law plus general civil and personal injury litigation.
Jim has over three decades of experience in the public sector as a former federal prosecutor, as former corporate counsel to Rockwell International and Texaco and as an attorney in private practice. Jim has participated in thousands of cases during his career.
Jim received his Ph.D. from the University of Oklahoma Medical Center and his law degree from the University of Oklahoma where he was named to the Dean’s Honor Roll. He was the recipient of a United States Public Health Service Traineeship.
In addition to his other experience, Jim was counsel to the United States Department of Labor’s Solicitor having been trained at the U.S. Department of Justice. Jim also served with distinction as a United States Navy Commander in the Navy’s Medical Department and served with the Centers for Disease Control as an officer in the United States Public Health Service Commissioned Corps.
Jim has a broad-based practice including such areas as:
Some of the statutes with which Jim has had extensive experience include:
When considering your options for representation, consider Jim as your advocate in:
- Unemployment Compensation Hearings – Jim formerly represented the Department of Labor and has expertise in the workings of the unemployment compensation system. He has decades of experience in this legal venue.
- City, State and Federal Personnel Matters – Jim has decades of experience representing government employees in their personnel disputes and in whistle-blowing cases.
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission [ EEOC ] and Colorado Civil Rights Division [ CCRD ] Mediations and the Filing of Charges – Jim has and continues to routinely work with these agencies. Often, effective mediation can resolve a dispute while saving considerable time and expense. For many years, Jim has been able to protect his clients’ rights in this forum while working toward consensus.
- OSHA, DORA and Other Regulatory Proceedings or Trials – Jim appeared and repreented a variety of employers and employees in these proceedings.
- Personal injury — In personal injury claims, Jim conducts a detailed review of the facts and work toward a favorable result.
- Auto accidents — If you have been hurt in an auto accident or named as a defendant after a collision, Jim can give you comprehensive legal support for insurance matters and lawsuits.
- Filing a lawsuit – Jim can guide unrepresented parties through the maze of forms and rules necessary to file a lawsuit.
Jim may be reached at 303 321 6087, through the Martindale website and by email at [email protected]