James Abrams, Ph.D., J.D.
Recipient of the Clients’ Choice Award. This attorney has received over 100 Five Star reviews. https://www.avvo.com/attorneys/80206-co-james-abrams-3975612/reviews.html
Thoughtful, creative and thorough, Jim Abrams is an experienced attorney addressing every area of discrimination, wage, OSHA and, unemployment law plus general civil and personal injury litigation.
Jim has over three decades of experience in the public sector as a former federal prosecutor, as former corporate counsel to Rockwell International and Texaco and as an attorney in private practice. Jim has participated in thousands of cases during his career.
Jim received his Ph.D. from the University of Oklahoma Medical Center and his law degree from the University of Oklahoma where he was named to the Dean’s Honor Roll. He was the recipient of a United States Public Health Service Traineeship.
In addition to his other experience, Jim was counsel to the United States Department of Labor’s Solicitor having been trained at the U.S. Department of Justice. Jim also served with distinction as a United States Navy Commander in the Navy’s Medical Department and served with the Centers for Disease Control as an officer in the United States Public Health Service Commissioned Corps.
Jim has a broad-based practice including such areas as:
- Unpaid meal and rest breaks
- Unpaid overtime
- Unpaid wages
- Workplace violations
- Unsafe work conditions
- Whistleblower retaliation
- Wrongful termination
- Sexual harassment
- Race and Color
- Nationality : National Origin, Creed, Ethnicity, Alienage
- Public Accommodation Discrimination
- Housing Discrimination
- Personal Injury
Some of the statutes with which Jim has had extensive experience include:
- Fair Labor Standards Act (Overtime) (FLSA)
- Colorado Wage Claim Act [Unpaid Wages)
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA)
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA)
- National Labor Relations Act (NLRA)
- Civil Rights Acts of 1964 and 1991
- Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- Americans With Disabilities Act
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act
- Consumer Credit Protection Act (CPCA)
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Immigration and Nationality Act (INA)
- Mine Safety and Health Act (MSHA)
- Unemployment or Employment Security Act (ESA)
- Whistleblower laws
- Department of Regulatory Agencies (DORA)
- Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE)
When considering your options for representation due to an accident, consider Jim as your advocate in:
- Personal injury — In personal injury claims, Jim conducts a detailed review of the facts and work toward a favorable result.
- Auto accidents — If you have been hurt in an auto accident or named as a defendant after a collision, Jim can give you comprehensive legal support for insurance matters and lawsuits.
- Mediation representation — Often, effective mediation can resolve a dispute while saving considerable time and expense. For many years, Jim has been able to protect his clients’ rights in this forum while working toward consensus.
Jim may be reached at 303 321 6087 and by email at [email protected].